Wednesday, February 01, 2006

History Carnival - Two Selections

History Carnival XXIV has been wonderfully compiled by the Elfin Ethicist. As time is short whilst I continue prepping for the comp's, I'm limited to two items that piqued my interest.

First is this review by Jason Kuznicki over at Positive Liberty of America’s Constitution: A Biography by Akhil Reed Amar. Jason uses the review to examine the contrast between "Whiggism" and criticism and the result is a fine piece of historiography.

Second is a blog post/encyclopedia article preview by Jeffrey J. Cohen that explains how postcolonial theory is useful to medievalists.

2 comments:

Nathanael said...

Marc, thanks for bringing to my attention Goldberg's "essential readings on liberalism." I am enjoying both Brinkley and McGerr.

Marc said...

You're most welcome Nathanael. I hope to embark on similar reading once I get the time!